Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my lps to order some plants (java fern, a crypt, moneywort and wisteria). When I went to pick them up I was handed a bag with moneywort and two bundles of what the lady claimed was Wisteria. She said the they had to give me two since there was a lot of bad pieces.

I know wisteria can look different, but I have a feeling this isn't even a water plant. The plant has grown half sideways, and had a layer of dust on the leaves, so I figure it was sitting on a shelf, half in water and trying to grow towards the light.

Anyways, is this Wisteria? if not, what is it? Is it even an aquatic plant?
If it is Wisteria, will it lose it's leaves as it goes back to being submerged? I cleaned it up, clipped a lot of the dead/broken stuff off and it's currently floating in a jar under a clamp light with a 6500k CFL. The water is staying around 70'F but I can throw a small heater in there to bump it up a bit if I need it.

I can add more pics if needed.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have never seen wisteria leaves anywhere near that large.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
+1 to Raye

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah, I knew it had different forms, but I didn't realize it went so broad when immersed. Thanks :)

So when I put it in my tank, will it lose those leave? My lights are on the medium side so will it grow the pinnate leaves?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts