Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my betta survived just fine in his new aquarium and seems truly happy in his new quarters (will see how the new tank looks/feels to me whenever that arrives).

However in looking at the tank one of the new plants seems to be getting very light, and almost has a white coating (maybe?).

Is this a lighting problem (not enough? too much?) or do I need to add something? The tank parameters all seem solid for the fish at least...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
If the lighting in your tank is by the hood that came with it, with the plants you are showing that would be enough light for the plants . I see you have some Asian water fern and some crested Java plants both of these need only low lighting to survive. Have you fed the plants. (I mean did you put in plant tabs when you planted them? Have you started to use Flourish which is a plant food or Fertilizer supplement. These would be a good way to help the growth of your plants. How long does the light stay on in the tank? if more than 8 hours then cut back the time the light is on to 8 hours. Doing these things will help your plants and wont hurt your betta.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the lighting in your tank is by the hood that came with it, with the plants you are showing that would be enough light for the plants . I see you have some Asian water fern and some crested Java plants both of these need only low lighting to survive. Have you fed the plants. (I mean did you put in plant tabs when you planted them? Have you started to use Flourish which is a plant food or Fertilizer supplement. These would be a good way to help the growth of your plants. How long does the light stay on in the tank? if more than 8 hours then cut back the time the light is on to 8 hours. Doing these things will help your plants and wont hurt your betta.
Yeah its the fluval light, but it has been left on for more than 8 hours. And no, not adding any supplements yet. I can pick up those tomorrow. I do want to add a few more in there, but want to be sure I'm taking care of them too!

Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts