Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boy, Yuki seems to have a string of plant matter stuck in his mouth. I think he got it when he went to eat a pallet that was in his plants. I just tried to get it out with a pair of tweezers but it seems to be wedged in there, he did fight me for a bit until he realised what I was trying to do then he held still. He's breathing fine and his stomach is normal size, he's still eating.

Acheron used to get the same thing but he managed to get it out on his own within a few days.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what I could to get it out?

I can post pictures if needed.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
I'm sorry no one has helped. I have no idea what to do, either.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's slowly disintegrating, it doesn't seem to be bothering him very much, if at all. I would keep trying to get it out with the tweezers but I'm really scared that I might hurt him.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Wow. Well, I guess if it just disintegrates, I'd make sure to keep the rest of the tank clean and do lots of water changes so he doesn't get an infection from it hanging in his mouth. There's a chance that he's swallowed some of the plant material, and the rest of it is in his gut. I'd be afraid of hurting him, too.

Is he still able to eat normal food with it in the way?

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
He will eventually eat it and pass it. Shouldn't hurt him at all. If he's still wanting to eat, go ahead and feed him. If not, he'll be fine for a few days while he chomps through that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts