Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had more Water Sprite, Nymphaea Taiwan, and Flame Moss(Taxiphyllum 'Flame') than I needed to set up a new 8g bowl so selling off the leftover in a package. $27 USD total. Shipping in continental US only, sorry.

Info on the plants:
Nymphaea Taiwan
-low to medium light plant, very resilient medium to fast grower. Does best with root tabs or some form of comprehensive ferts. Clippings can grow into a new plants within 1-2 weeks if kept in water and given light, so easy to propagate into many more plants. Has small (compared to other lily/lotus) light green lilly pad leaves, great for bettas to rest on or hang out int eh shade of when they reach the surface. Good contrast color against darker plants like moss, anubias, and java fern.
Water Sprite-low to medium light plant, easy to grow, medium to fast growth. Can be floating or planted in substrate. Will grow under and above water.
Flame moss- low light plant, slower grower, easy to grow. Characteristically grows vertically (towards the surface) giving a look of green fire (note: may take a week after initial planting to get completely vertical). Great for shrimp or fry to hide in. Tie to wood/rock/decor/mesh, it should anchor itself to the item within a few weeks. Moss is very resilient, if parts of it are brown just keep them went and in some light, it will grow new green moss fronds off the brown bits.

All plants can grow in low light low tech to high light high tech tanks.

For reference the containers these plants are in are 10"x6".
10+ N. Taiwan

8+ Water sprite stems

2 golf balls size portions of flame moss

flame moss close up

Flame moss is not as dark at photo shows.. that's shadow from camera sorry.

Add on:
I can also put in MTS (Malaysian trumpet snails), $0.10 per a snail, have over 100. MTS are great for sifting sand tanks or feeding dwarf puffers and a few species of loaches that like to snack on them.

Plant example photos (portions you are actually getting are pictured above):
Photo of all 3 plant species in an 8g bubble bowl

N. Taiwan and Water sprite before planting/leftovers

Another tank with N. Taiwan (back left) and Water Sprite (front right)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Ooo, this is a little bit tempting... Did you decide against selling any of your anubias?

Edit: LOL, just saw your reply in your journal!

How often do you generally have to trim your water sprite?

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ooo, this is a little bit tempting... Did you decide against selling any of your anubias?

Edit: LOL, just saw your reply in your journal!

How often do you generally have to trim your water sprite?
I should be trimming it every other week in the high light tank (last photo) but I like to let it grow into a wild mess for the fish to hide in. In lower light it can go a bit longer before a trim.. but I've kept it in larger 8-10g tanks (12"+ tall) in smaller tanks it would need trimmed sooner.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
In lower light it can go a bit longer before a trim.
I can go about 5 to 6 weeks without trimming it in low light, after that my betta starts tapping on the glass asking for a chain saw.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I should be trimming it every other week in the high light tank (last photo) but I like to let it grow into a wild mess for the fish to hide in. In lower light it can go a bit longer before a trim.. but I've kept it in larger 8-10g tanks (12"+ tall) in smaller tanks it would need trimmed sooner.
I ♥ the lush "jungle" growth in my aquarium, too. If you have some available when you're ready to let some anubias babies go I'd love to try it! Thanks for the info!

I can go about 5 to 6 weeks without trimming it in low light, after that my betta starts tapping on the glass asking for a chain saw.
Lol!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Shoot, I go offline for a few hours and it disappears so fast!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Is that hydrocotyle japan I see in the front? Any interest in selling a few stems?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Had more Water Sprite, Nymphaea Taiwan, and Flame Moss(Taxiphyllum 'Flame') than I needed to set up a new 8g bowl so selling off the leftover in a package. $27 USD total. Shipping in continental US only, sorry.

Info on the plants:
Nymphaea Taiwan
-low to medium light plant, very resilient medium to fast grower. Does best with root tabs or some form of comprehensive ferts. Clippings can grow into a new plants within 1-2 weeks if kept in water and given light, so easy to propagate into many more plants. Has small (compared to other lily/lotus) light green lilly pad leaves, great for bettas to rest on or hang out int eh shade of when they reach the surface. Good contrast color against darker plants like moss, anubias, and java fern.
Water Sprite-low to medium light plant, easy to grow, medium to fast growth. Can be floating or planted in substrate. Will grow under and above water.
Flame moss- low light plant, slower grower, easy to grow. Characteristically grows vertically (towards the surface) giving a look of green fire (note: may take a week after initial planting to get completely vertical). Great for shrimp or fry to hide in. Tie to wood/rock/decor/mesh, it should anchor itself to the item within a few weeks. Moss is very resilient, if parts of it are brown just keep them went and in some light, it will grow new green moss fronds off the brown bits.

All plants can grow in low light low tech to high light high tech tanks.

For reference the containers these plants are in are 10"x6".
10+ N. Taiwan

8+ Water sprite stems

2 golf balls size portions of flame moss

flame moss close up

Flame moss is not as dark at photo shows.. that's shadow from camera sorry.

Add on:
I can also put in MTS (Malaysian trumpet snails), $0.10 per a snail, have over 100. MTS are great for sifting sand tanks or feeding dwarf puffers and a few species of loaches that like to snack on them.

Plant example photos (portions you are actually getting are pictured above):
Photo of all 3 plant species in an 8g bubble bowl

N. Taiwan and Water sprite before planting/leftovers

Another tank with N. Taiwan (back left) and Water Sprite (front right)
Aqua can you list the plants you have in this high light tank? What light are you using? It is absolutely gorgeous and really like what I might like to do in a empty tank I have. I didn't know you sold plants. I will be looking now because our local store doesn't always carry what i am looking for.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is that hydrocotyle japan I see in the front? Any interest in selling a few stems?
replied via pm on other forum

Aqua can you list the plants you have in this high light tank? What light are you using? It is absolutely gorgeous and really like what I might like to do in a empty tank I have. I didn't know you sold plants. I will be looking now because our local store doesn't always carry what i am looking for.
Flora:Nymphaea taiwan
Hydro sp. japan
Downoi (Pogostemon helferi)
Echinodorus angustifolia 'Vesuvius'
Water Sprite (Ceratopteris thalictroides)
Micro sword (Lilaeopsis brasiliensis)
Ludwigia sp. red
Echinodorus argentinensis (Argentinean sword (not visible in photo))
Alternanthera reineckii
Bacopa Carolina
Hydrocotyle leucocephala (Brazilian Pennywort)
2 unknown stem species (I think 1 is a ludwigia, the other.. no idea)
AR in the photo was removed and sold, pushed the Argentina sword in to the front.

Lighting:
2x marineland doublebright 24" + current sat planted+ strip light 44" (I think) thats attached to the marineland lights. Its high light but I dose 3ml excel a day (its a 10g tank) to keep hair algae away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts