Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have 3 plants in my tank... and one ive noticed my betta tries to swim in the most akwardest ways trying to get in between the little plastic leaves. Then today when he was flaring at...well...nothing in paticular, and I noticed his tail was ripped so i removed the plant i assumed was causing the damage....
q.jpg
so my questions would be:
1. What sort of plants should i get that wont damage his poor tail (brands appreciatade)
2.is this bad enough to treat with aquarium salt (never used aqarium salt so some details would also be appreciated)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Looks like a case of a tail biter to me... Your fish is heavily finned so there you go. It might also be flaring, but biters are common. Silk plants are the ones that don't tear fins. You can do a pantyhose test. Rub pantyhose on the decoration and if it rips, it can do so to your betta's fins.

This will go away on its own, warm and clean water is the best preventative and treatment. Besides, he can bite while in treatment so it might all be for nothing.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awe :\ Do you think he only started because hes in a better tank/enviroment? he didnt have this when he was in his little bowl at petland.... :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts