Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently by a new manager at the local fish store I got completely jipped (tricked) on some substrate. Well anyway, because of Corona all I can do is plan ahead for when I can actually go buy stuff.
I only have anubias but I'm learning there's more types of anubias? In one tank they're thriving (it's an old cheap plastic tank until we move) but in the bad substrate glass fancy 5 gallon fluval I have they're slowly but surely dying.
Plant advice??

·
Super Moderator
2,917 Posts
Anubias do not need substrate, so that should not be the problem. Would you take a picture of yours along with the tanks? That will help us to be able to tell what might be going on with them.

Are you using different lights in your tanks? How did you plant the anubias that are not doing well?

Anubias like low to medium light, low being best. While you can plant them, you should only plant the roots, never the rhizome (part that the leaves and roots grow out of), and they tend to do best when attached to drifwood or rocks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The baby finally came out of her shell and greets me when I check on her! Absolutely adoring her.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I didn't see this, The plants in my fluval spec 5 gal come with the light the tank came with. It's super bright, so I don't turn it on unless I'm in the room (hardly ever.)
But my windows keep my room at a decent for my succulents and other low light plants.
The plants themselves in the 5 gallon are a longer-leaf version of the anubias I have in my 3 gal, where the 3 gal has short round leaves. My 3 gal has cheap imagitium substrate (the tank where they're alive).It has a super low light on it since the tank is reaching 5 years of age.
My 5 gal where they're dying need a new substrate for sure, at least something diff from what I have cause it's not legit like the shop keeper told me. But they're burried just the same as my 3 gal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts