Betta Fish Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Quick update: Winter has been hard on this little tank so in the not so distant future I will transferring over everything to my newest tank, a biocube 8. The biocube is currently empty with a craftmesh divider and will house two male bettas. I have already started a new thread here.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Quick update: Winter has been hard on this little tank so in the not so distant future I will transferring over everything to my newest tank, a biocube 8. The biocube is currently empty with a craftmesh divider and will house two male bettas. I have already started a new thread here.
How is winter "hard" on a tank? Too cold in your room? I'd recommend a heater upgrade... the Marina C10 you had works reasonable well in stable temps, but if temps are fluctuating a lot, you'll want something beefier. I upgraded mine to a Cobalt Neo-Therm 25w adjustable, and have been very happy with it. Fits in the same pump compartment. (barely, but it fits)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
How is winter "hard" on a tank? Too cold in your room? I'd recommend a heater upgrade... the Marina C10 you had works reasonable well in stable temps, but if temps are fluctuating a lot, you'll want something beefier. I upgraded mine to a Cobalt Neo-Therm 25w adjustable, and have been very happy with it. Fits in the same pump compartment. (barely, but it fits)
I meant hard as in there was some neglect on my part as a betta keeper. Let other things come between me and my fish so now that life has settled my betta will be receiving an upgrade to the Biocube.

What is the floating plant?
It is Amazon Frogbit.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.