Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2540 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I have noticed a lot of people showing off their planted tanks, figured it might be a good idea to have them all in one place.
Also, I am trying to get some ideas for rescaping my 26 bowfront sorority. I'd love to see everyone else's tanks and find out what all you have going on with them!

Reactions: mjfa

·
Registered
1,495 Posts

Two months ago.

Current.

Much harder to photograph now that the water lettuce has taken over. In real life it looks so much more amazing.

I personally love the overgrown look, and feel as though they are the best for a sorority (though this contains only a male and some ghost shrimp) as then everyone can find their own space. However, the fish can be hard to find. Even my giant here disappears, and goodness knows I only find the shrimp if I really stir stuff up or put some good food in the tank.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Its not a NPT but itsd got lots of live plants!!
100_3162.jpg

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This doesn't have to be NOT style, just show off your plants :)

Come on guys! Let get this thread going!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Lovely tanks everybody! ^.^

After a bit of a tweaking with stem placement (I was silly and hadn't thought about where I was going to put the rest of the plants I wanted)

Ze tank that is waiting for its future occupant to be sent to me, hehe:

Weehawk's tank:

Side of Weehawk's tank:

Feyd's tank:

Side of Feyd's tank:

Also, I have a question for you planted tank enthusiasts... I'd absolutely love some pearl grass in my tanks. I'm not sure what kind of light I have to be honest, whether it's low or medium. I'm running 3 x 6400K LED tubes on each tank, equating to 3.75 watts per gallon... Is that enough light for that? Eep!

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That should be more than enough light for them! I think they are moderate to high light plants

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
sparrow- ur tank doesnt look very bright :p
but give it a try XD at most it'll grow upwards
I have a HM carpet and it's lovely

·
Registered
498 Posts
sparrow- ur tank doesnt look very bright :p
but give it a try XD at most it'll grow upwards
I have a HM carpet and it's lovely
They don't look very bright in the pics, do they? I hate taking photos with a high ISO and my camera is not too forgiving... Though I will concede that they're not the brightest tanks in the world, lol. I'd still be happy with leggy small plants in the midground of one or two of 'em. XD Worst that can happen is I waste a few dollars and some time, I suppose. :D

Cheers for the info. XD

EDIT: Oooh ooh I has another question!! One of my bacopa stems has turned pinkish at the top. What does that mean? A deficiency maybe? I don't knowwww! D:

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
I think it gets red under high light, so it would make sense that it turned red as it grew closer to the light

where did you get your leds from?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I love every ones tank!!! i really like that community tank though!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
I got them from eBay. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190784162876

Seems expensive, but after shopping around for what I had room for (no room for lamps to sit by the tanks etc.) it ended up being the most cost-effective option in comparison to other lights intended for small tanks + plants around here. >.<
holy prices!
I lit my uncle's 10g with a 10w flood light :O
I came from australia too btw... I go clean his tank every 1/2 year...

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have so many tanks lol =< i need to stop rescaping them!

Wolfie's 2 gal:

BettaBear's 2.5 gal

(too lazy to take a new picture, lol that is from his first day home)

My Sorority 10 gal:

My cherry colony:

My Chocolate Neo Colony:

My favorite Pico tank 0.6 gal =D

The rest of my tanks are just full of plants =<

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Aluka, your 10 gallon is absolutely gorgeous!!!

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
What is a chocolat neo and cherry colony? those tanks are awesome but whats in them!?!?
OH their shrimp!!! how cool!!! can you get any close-ups? You know what ive always wanted? one of htose egg shpaed things and its got 2 little shrimp in it that are superrrrrrr tiny, and its got like everyhting they need in it, like literally a cycle little habibat thats 2 inches tall and 2 inches wide... its so cool, i wonder if you cracked the glass open and put the little shrimps in a tnak if they;d get real big and live a long time or just die :/

·
Registered
507 Posts
What is a chocolat neo and cherry colony? those tanks are awesome but whats in them!?!?
OH their shrimp!!! how cool!!! can you get any close-ups? You know what ive always wanted? one of htose egg shpaed things and its got 2 little shrimp in it that are superrrrrrr tiny, and its got like everyhting they need in it, like literally a cycle little habibat thats 2 inches tall and 2 inches wide... its so cool, i wonder if you cracked the glass open and put the little shrimps in a tnak if they;d get real big and live a long time or just die :/

Oh those things are terrible =< those ecosphere is kind of like those vase with plant on top for bettas =<

But heres some pictures, lol they are not the top grade ones, but they are super cute =)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 2540 Posts