Betta Fish Forum banner

2481 - 2500 of 2540 Posts

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
some of the other tanks

Ooh, I love that big tank, Aqua Aurora!
Thank you ^^ its due for a thinnign out, my poor angelfish has no real room to swim in there with so much plant growth.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Aah, I love this thread! I just redid my 12 gallon tank, so until it grows in enough for a picture I'll keep looking at the pictures in here. Have fun with the plants everyone!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, here is my planted aquarium (126l/33g) :)
Plants: cryptocoryne wendtii green, cryptocoryne wendtii tropica, limnophila sessiliflora, hygrophila polysperma, hygrophila difformis, hygrophila corymbosa, taxiphyllum barbieri, limnobium laevigatum, lemna minor
Inhabitants: 1x betta splendens male, 5x caridina japonica, neocaridina davidi red cherry (unknown number), 4x clea helena

·
Registered
609 Posts
Went from this

To this (had a worm larvae explosion from some gnat things on my water lettuce, dipped the plants for too long and they almost all entirely melted at this point)

and finally, to this

Both the plants and Elu are totally happy/healthy :D Elu had a rough start when I first got him, and I struggled for a while with getting any growth out of my plants, but I think I've finally hit pretty good conditions for both. I have a small hair algae outbreak but nothing too bad. I take weekly photos and both the rotala and ludwigia put on a pretty noticeable amount of growth each time, going to start dosing Iron again to bring out the reds better :) and I'm considering doing liquid Co2 once again when I get the funds.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
my small nano planted tanks =)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Bit the bullet and finally bought myself a 12 gallon long Mr.Aqua :D I've envied this tank for years, it's a dream to finally have one of my own.

Plants are:
Bacopa (Caroliniana and Colorata, need to let them grow out again to tell them apart)
Rotala Singapore
Rotala Macrandra Mini Pink
Rotala H'ra
Rotala Macrandra Caterpiller
Ludwigia Atlantis
Pearlweed (Micranthemum Micranthemoides)
Dwarf Hairgrass
Downoi
Hydrocotyle Japan
Bucephalandra (Arrogant Blue or Brownie Brown, killed it off a while ago except for the stem, need the leaves to mature more to tell which)

Looks sparce now, the Rotala Caterpillar arrived to me almost dead as did the H'ra. Amazing growth so far though :D I've only had this tank set up for a day and there's already new leaves on all of my stem plants.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Now that I am getting some good plant growth going on, I'll share my 20H.

Plants:
Water Wisteria
Amazon Swords
Anubias
Cabomba Caroliana
Rotala Indica
Moneywort

Occupants:
Summer (Elephant ear betta)
8 Cherry barbs (5 females: 3 males)
? Ramshorn Snails

Equipment:
80 gal. sponge filter (don't ask...I just used what I already had :laugh:)
10-20 gal. Air pump
Aqueon T8 Florescent light/hood

Currently I am only doing water changes. I'm not adding any fertilizers except the Amazon Swords do have root tabs.

Attachments

·
Registered
888 Posts
Here is my Kenda's "Unplanted Planted" tank. It is a 3.4 gallon, unfiltered (silent cycle). It has no substrate (I like to say that it has a Marimo substrate, lol!) I removed the suction cups, now all of the plants are either weighted down or floating. I removed the original anacharis stems and kept the new growth. I moved the largest anubias to midground. It is cluttered/natural, which I love! I can't find Kenda among the plants until he swims out to greet me.

(This is the third time I've tried to post this, let's see if it works.)

Okay, it posted, but my photo is blurry. How can I fix this?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
my four planted tanks so far. one 10 gallon, three 5 gallons:

·
Registered
4,470 Posts

Tank Is getting treated with Fungus cure. reasons why its green. lol

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Ummm, what? ^

I'll post some of my tanks-in-progress later today after I finish water changes. I have my 15G rimless, three planted 5.5s, and a half-planted 10.

2481 - 2500 of 2540 Posts