Betta Fish Forum banner

41 - 60 of 2539 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Here's my planted, it's gravel based and has been running for 4 months. It's nothing compared to some of the amazing tanks you guys have but I don't have an aquatic plant dealer anywhere near me so I just propagate the ones I have. The water level looks lower than it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
Ooooh, such pretty tanks everyone!!

I've made some alterations to my tanks... Removed a large portion of hardscape from each one, added some stones, and tried to arrange it so I can fit quite a few more stems into each, and hopefully some mid/foreground plants if they end up receiving enough light. Hooray! They look a little empty after doing that, because I tried arranging everything so there'd be plenty of room for more stems in the back when they arrive, but there's the same number of plants as before. ^.^

I don't know if it's allowed in this thread, but I wanted to include a mugshot of Weehawk, because he's the only one who would cooperate for photos today. XD

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Lol, a mug shot. he's cute!

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
These are so beautiful.

Thanks everyone for sharing! I'm starting to get some amazing ideas for my rescape :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hey Sparrowhawk, I think I see some floating water wisteria in your tanks, but what are the other floaters? I also have a 5 in need of some floaters to decrease the light to my other plants (algae problem and I'm burning a few of my stems).

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hey Sparrowhawk, I think I see some floating water wisteria in your tanks, but what are the other floaters? I also have a 5 in need of some floaters to decrease the light to my other plants (algae problem and I'm burning a few of my stems).
That's water sprite floating. ^.^ There's frogbit, duckweed and water sprite as the floaters in all my tanks. Not sure if I'll regret putting duckweed in there, but I do love how much it keeps the water clean.
:-D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Cool thanks! I'm going to see if I can get a hold of some water sprite & frogsbit (I will steer clear of the duckweed as I've heard it can be a real pain if you have a HOB filter)

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
So many beautiful tanks! you guys ready for an ugly one?

my 1 gallon (1/2 gallon water) NPT drum bowl.

I have my Yellow neos and blue ramshorns in this tank.

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
None of the plants in my little emersed set-up seem to be dying yet.

I have no idea what this moss is but I stuck it on the rock to see if it won't grow.

Aokashi you must be Queen of random plant filled jars haha.

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Hahaha This tank used to look much better. it might e time to give the sags a trim... and actually plant that half floating one.
this tank is full of crazy reject plants. I even have glosso growing happily in there.
There is also a varietgated water wisteria I dont want invading my other tanks...

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I love the tiny bowls!! I've planted all mine too but they aren't NPT yet

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
just added some more plants to my 26, gonna change the substrate on sunday (hopefully) so this isnt a permanent thing)
Just got all the crypts in the tank. Still have a bunch of stems to try and find a place for....they are sitting in a breeder net till I get home tomorrow to try and figure it all out.

Honestly, I'm not sure that I should have planted the crypts today or if I should have just waited until sunday when I changed substrate...
Oh well, too late now!

Thoughts? Should I change anything when I change substrate??
The tall plants in the back are vallisneria gigantea (tape) and crypt balansae thinking about moving the val to the left and moving the amazon swords into the middle of the back...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here is my 5g cube NPT that I planted on Wednesday (pictures are from that day). It currently just has 3 Assassin Snails and I am looking to get another Betta, but haven't quite found the one I really want yet (only getting one, so it needs to be "the one"!). It is now Saturday and its doing well...about to do my first water change on it (even though the water is pretty clear already).

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Here is my 5g cube NPT that I planted on Wednesday (pictures are from that day). It currently just has 3 Assassin Snails and I am looking to get another Betta, but haven't quite found the one I really want yet (only getting one, so it needs to be "the one"!). It is now Saturday and its doing well...about to do my first water change on it (even though the water is pretty clear already).

The way you planted this makes it look so much larger than a 5! Nice job! It looks great!

41 - 60 of 2539 Posts