Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
I have a 2.5 gallon tank with a male betta. The tank has been established for about four months now, with live plants in the tank for the majority of the time. However, the Dwarf Hairgrass, shown in the picture, is yellowing a little bit. The plants get nutrients once a week (Plant Zone), but there was a week where they didn't get anything. Is there a way to get the Dwarf Hairgrass green again?

Also, algae has been building up and has just become noticeable. I was going to get another foreground plant (or I could do background if needed). So far I have:
-Dwarf hairgrass
-Anubias nana
-Java fern

Are there any other plants that you'd recommend for a hardy tank, especially to combat the algae?

Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,880 Posts
Some claim Marimo Moss Balls (which are actually algae) are good for combatting algae as they suck up the same nutrients the other algae needs.

Do you have root tabs in the substrate? If not, those would help. I use Seachem Flourish and Excel on alternating days. Once a week might not be enough.

I like Anubias and Crypt petchii (a small Crypt which I'm using as a foreground plant in my 20 long).

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Some claim Marimo Moss Balls (which are actually algae) are good for combatting algae as they suck up the same nutrients the other algae needs.

Do you have root tabs in the substrate? If not, those would help. I use Seachem Flourish and Excel on alternating days. Once a week might not be enough.

I like Anubias and Crypt petchii (a small Crypt which I'm using as a foreground plant in my 20 long).

I am glad that I have Seachem Flourish for my tank but I might have to go get root tabs if my hair grass starts to wilt. do you still need root tabs even if it is a NPT?

·
Super Moderator
22,880 Posts
I am glad that I have Seachem Flourish for my tank but I might have to go get root tabs if my hair grass starts to wilt. do you still need root tabs even if it is a NPT?
I don't know. From what I've read on this forum and others, some do and some don't. Not much help, am I? Good to see you, Tree.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I don't know. From what I've read on this forum and others, some do and some don't. Not much help, am I? Good to see you, Tree.

Naw its ok. ^^ I kinda got my answer from another thread. =P

Good you see you too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts