Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lot of dwarfs today! Shipping is $8 for priority mail. (USPS recently raised prices sorry) If you have any questions feel free to ask.
I use root tabs in the tanks these plants are from, I can include some roots tabs with other for a little extra just ask when ordering!

Dwarf lily plant
1 bulb $3, 1 available
This is a large bulb and has given me a ton of beautiful leaves in my tank but I don't have the room on the substrate for the bulb now. Gets lovely bronze/orange/red hued leaves. Great for smaller tanks as it has small leaves in comparison to most other aquatic lily/lotus. Can live in low to medium light. Leaves will grow to the surface making a great place for shade for your Betta (and bubble nest building area). N. Tawian can be 'trained' to stay more compact and not put leaves to the surface by aggressively trimming the stem when it gets taller than you want. After a few weeks/month+ of this it should stay compact around the height you want. I trained mine to stay just a few inches below the surface. If you want to achieve a red hue in the leaves dose iron (first photo below is closet to color accurate but it's more vibrant than the camera captured). Does better with ferts, does not need co2.

Dwarf hair grass
1 portion $1 (see photo below for portion size), 1 portion available.
Very short dhg staying at about 2-3" for me right now with low light. Easy low light/tech carpeting plant if you are patient it will fill into a nice carpet with time. Will grow faster with CO2 and ferts but does not need them.

Dwarf baby tears
2"x4" loose portion $3, 1 portion available.
Aka HC (Hemianthus callitrichoides), beautiful tiny carpeting plant for medium to high light tanks, fast grower. Please note this is loose hc, its not tied down to mats currently BUT if you want I can include coco fiber, fishing line, and true stainless steel mesh (shrimp safe, unlike the green coated metal mesh used in "__ mat" for the aquarium) to tie the hc to (this will cost extra, pm me for price).

Echinodorus angustifolia 'Vesuvius'
2 plants for $1, have 3+ portions available
A unique member of the sword plant family, its elves stay extremely narrow and have a beautiful spiral/twist to them. Great for a 10g or larger tank (in shorter tanks tops of leaves will trail on surface so can be put in 5g). It makes new plants via runners and wills tart spitting these out within weeks of settling into a new tank. Medium light, does not need co2 but appreciates some ferts.

Bacopa Caroliniana
6 stems for $1, have 1-2 portions available
Please note: these are stems with roots not leaves. Plant in substrate or float them for a week and new leaves will grow. A medium light stem with interesting firmer leaf and stem structure, it grew very well in my tank. In stronger lighting /closer to surface its leaves can get a more bronze hue. Does not need co2, appreciates ferts.

Photos
Dwarf lily plant

Dwarf hair grass (1 portion)

Dwarf baby tears(foreground-shows 3 portions, but only 1 available)

Bacopa (center), E.Vesuvius (right)

Bacopa (off center left in back), E. Vesuvius (off center right in back)

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ah too slow to edit :/
I also have a non aquatic plant:
Wandering Jew aka Tradescantia zebrine
2x 6" vine $0.50, 1 portion available

Works great with vine base/roots in water and leaves above water. Stick in HOB or hang over the side of the tank, or place in a shower caddie/planter basket to keep leaves raised and dry. This is a vine plant but its vine is not as firm as pothos so I does sag with time, simply trim it when it gets too long and replant cuttings. Has shiny green leaves with purple banding and purple underside of leaf, stronger lighting gives more purple hue to leaves. Low light, easy demanding plant great start for riparium plant.

·
Registered
218 Posts
If that dwarf hair grass is still around Id love to snag the 1 portion.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NOTE: Dwarf hair grass,dwarf lily bulb, and ghost wood are SOLD
Wandering jew is pending-clearing an echeck.

If multiple plants are bought, would the shipping stay $8?
Unless you also bought the driftwood which needs a large box, yes the shipping cost should stay the same, I can cram a large amount of these plants in a small box.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
My last order came today and oh my gosh! What huge gorgeous bunches! They're acclimating in an empty cycled 5 gallon. I can't wait to get them all sorted in to thier individual tanks. Theres enough here for all my tanks to get some and the price was great.
Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts