Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used small plastic floating fish in their Betta aquarium? Did your Betta enjoy them? My Betta, Humphrey, seems bored. He is in a 10gal planted aquarium. I put some fish pictures on the back of his glass and he seems to hang out in front of them. I was thinking he might enjoy some floating fish. He doesn't seem to care about flaring at his reflection or the pictures so not sure how he might react or not care about floating fish decorations.
Thank you for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
2,362 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums.
People have used items such as ping pong balls and floating rings for their betta. Anything that you put into their tank, make sure it's aquarium safe and will not leech chemicals. You can try soaking it for a few days and check to see if it smells. These items may be of interest to them and much of it is for the humans as it is for the fish.
Always remember, your fish lead a pretty busy life, always patrolling, on the lookout for a challenger to his home, hiding and keeping himself safe from predators and searching for food. They don't know you're keeping them safe and fed.

This is not to say that you can't add enrichment items for them to explore and keep busy, especially if it allows you to interact with them, but always remember that they don't see the world as we do, so don't stress as much about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts