Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am new to all of this. I bought my Betta (Feeny) back in December 2013, so I haven't even had him a year yet. When I got him, he was very active, always swimming to the top and a bright red color.

About a month ago, we noticed that he wasn't as active anymore. We looked up some of his symptoms and tried spacing out his feeding and trying to give him a pea - he doesn't like them.

Now today and yesterday his condition has worsened beyond belief. He refuses to move let a long eat. He is no longer a beautiful red color. He has some minor ivory colored spots near his head and his tail is also losing color. Not really white, but an off-white.

He loves to stay near the bottom of his tank and has trouble swimming. Every time he tries to swim, his back end sinks him down.

He is never like this and I am very concerned for him. I moved him to a smaller bowl so that he would be closer to the surface, but so far it hasn't helped.

Please let me know anything I can do to help him. It breaks my heart to see him like this.

Thank you so much in advance!!

Let's save Feeny!

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Until you give more information I would lower the water level to whatever you feel he can reasonably swim up to so he can get air.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Feeny

Hi!

Thank you both so much for responding. It means so much - I truly mean that.

Unfortunately, Feeny passed away last night.... :(

He was an amazing fish who will be greatly missed. I like to think that he is in a better place now and not in pain anymore.

Thanks again for your responses.

:cry:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts