Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!

Okay, so a little info. Hes a gorgeous Blue betta we have named Shark.

-Tank is a 36 Gallon aquarium

-We have 6 tuxedo guppies, 7 panda Cory Catfish, 4 Neons, 4 cloud minnows, a single Black Molly cross guppy, and a lyretail. He has never fought with any of them, made loads of bubble nests and was quite active.

- We have a coral he used to love to explore and play peek a boo with the other fish.

-He has his own little floating log with live plants

- Loads of little spaces and tunnels

- Has never shown aggression, he loves to be pet and held, talked to.

- Tank changes at %50 every 2 weeks, all levels normal, water at an average of 80.5 F.

But as of the past week, he hides in his floating log and just sits there. A few times I could have sworn he was dead. But he isn't. He is listless, barely eats unless its his bloodworms, and doesn't play anymore. Absolutely nothing has changed in the routine. Our Cory's had babies about a month ago but his attitude only recently changed. His color is fine, no noticeable diseases, everything is normal as far as I can tell.

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Can you see what happens if you quarantine him? It may be that he is sick but you can't see since he's in his log. Being lethargic is a sign of illness. Also how old is he?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have moved him and quarantined him. He ends up being about the same. and we have treated him with KanaPlex. No improvement.
Hes about 8 months old now.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
There's no change in appearance at all? Try upping the temp and just keeping clean water, it might be a parasite or else something in it's beginning stages

·
Registered
397 Posts
I must ask, How do you hold a betta?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Um.... Actually yeah? Before I was just like "oh what a good boy" but now that I have my brain turned on it's actually not a good thing to pet/hold a betta because it damages the slime coat on their scales.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts