Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,880 Posts
Poisoning can sometimes have the same symptoms so don't assume it's vestibular-related. Diagnosing fish is one thing because very few areas have fish vets; we must depend on each other. However, anyone willing to diagnose a dog, cat or horse without seeing that animal is an idiot and a fool. JMO, of course. But then there's also the small matter of practicing veterinary medicine without a license which is a felony in the US.

·
Registered
Micheal, Betta 6 months, Neon Tetra, 9 Dwarf Gourami 1, False Julii Corydoras
422 Posts
pretty sure it's vestibular disease and who has the money to go to the vet 😂
When getting a pet, you have the responsibility to provide the care it requires, whether that be the vet, or just water, its the law. Please take him to the vet, they can help.

·
Banned
Grim Reaper the Platinum dragon betta
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When getting a pet, you have the responsibility to provide the care it requires, whether that be the vet, or just water, its the law. Please take him to the vet, they can help.
Look, this is a case of vestibular disease and it's going away

·
Registered
422 Posts
Look, this is a case of vestibular disease and it's going away
I understand, but a professional still needs to see the animal. If you were sick you would want to go to the doctor. The dog wants the same. Trust me. A long time ago my parents had a cat, she started having trouble eating and a bit of blood would come into the food. We thought it was nothing, when my mother took her to the vet for a minor checkup, and she never came back. If we would have taken her in they could have treated tongue cancer. Now I'm not saying what your dog has is severe and chances are it is probably just vestibular disease like you said, but its always best to be safer then sorry, and getting them checked out can be sure that your pet is safe. Taking your pet to the vet isn't just recommended by law, its an obligation as you are caring for that animal. Anyway, I hope your dog feels better no matter what you choose to do.

·
Banned
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I understand, but a professional still needs to see the animal. If you were sick you would want to go to the doctor. The dog wants the same. Trust me. A long time ago my parents had a cat, she started having trouble eating and a bit of blood would come into the food. We thought it was nothing, when my mother took her to the vet for a minor checkup, and she never came back. If we would have taken her in they could have treated tongue cancer. Now I'm not saying what your dog has is severe and chances are it is probably just vestibular disease like you said, but its always best to be safer then sorry, and getting them checked out can be sure that your pet is safe. Taking your pet to the vet isn't just recommended by law, its an obligation as you are caring for that animal. Anyway, I hope your dog feels better no matter what you choose to do.
I completely understand but putting money into a dog who has tumors and is 15 years old isn't Ideal in these times. plus she is drastically feeling better the only thing different is she has trouble walking.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hi , I would recommend taking her to the vet like everyone else. I lost one of my dogs last year . I wanted to share a few things with you that I wish I had known at that time. When fighting cancer in dogs or tumors, their bodies have to be ready for the fight. You must support their bodies in every way possible. Surgery is difficult on them and they need to be ready. That means putting them on a diet that is going to be rich in nutrients and not filled with fillers, preservatives , artificial coloring of any kind, ect. , Invest in a turmeric supplement for dogs as they have been shown to have anti cancer properties and at times have shrunk or gotten rid of tumors completely at the very least it may give her reduction in inflammation and help with joint pain. Consider putting her on a joint supplement if she has arthritis or hip dysplasia and maybe even a multivitamin to be sure she is getting everything she needs.

I understand financially times are tough for many. Many veterinarians will come up with a payment plan if you ask and explain the situation.

Please research functional medicine as well as new cancer treatments for dogs , it will benefit everyone you know. Including your pets!

Has she been to a vet recently? Are the tumors cancerous?
Either way with regular treatments and natural ones combined she may be able to reverse her conditions!

A 15 year old dog can recover if given the chance and I really hope that you do everything possible to give her that chance . I hope she recovers! Losing a dog is hard beyond words .

·
Super Moderator
22,880 Posts
Many of us would be out of luck if everyone had the attitude that old and compromised is reason for withholding medical treatment.

Vestibular disease does not "go away" without treatment Vestibular Disease in Pets | Bush Veterinary Neurology Service

From the above article by a canine neurologist:
"Nerve or peripheral disease is generally self-limiting or easily treated; however, disease of the brain can be life threatening, especially when left untreated."

·
Registered
422 Posts
Many of us would be out of luck if everyone had the attitude that old and compromised is reason for withholding medical treatment.

Vestibular disease does not "go away" without treatment Vestibular Disease in Pets | Bush Veterinary Neurology Service

From the above article by a canine neurologist:
"Nerve or peripheral disease is generally self-limiting or easily treated; however, disease of the brain can be life threatening, especially when left untreated."
Thank you for writing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
UPDATE I am happy to inform all that my bella is back to her old self again!! (eating,walking,showing effection,etc.)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts