Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Neptune, Venus, Blush, Tinty, & Pinky.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help! I came and checked on my fish and she was struggling to get out of the hole of the hideout! She now has damaged scales and shredded fins! Please help! What do I treat her with?! She also has a hard time swimming. :( Help! SOS! If she dies, I can never forgive my self! I thought the hideout was safe! 馃槶 馃槶 馃槶

Water Liquid Fluid Underwater Fin
Water Fin Underwater Fish Marine biology
Plant Feather Eyelash Wood Wing

Registered
6 Bettas, 4 Snails, 2 Shrimp, 2 Mice, 2 Hissing roaches
Oh no!

If there's no infection or open wound I would recommend just watching her right now. Clean, warm water and putting in an IAL might be a good idea.

I hope she gets better soon!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh no!

If there's no infection or open wound I would recommend just watching her right now. Clean, warm water and putting in an IAL might be a good idea.

I hope she gets better soon!
Thank you! I need to separate her because when there's a sick fish in the tank one of my bettas, Venus, picks on them so yeah. I only have a 1 gallon Because the other tanks are occupied with a male betta and fry.

Reactions: Eridanus

Registered
Thank you! I need to separate her because when there's a sick fish in the tank one of my bettas, Venus, picks on them so yeah. I only have a 1 gallon Because the other tanks are occupied with a male betta and fry.
A one gallon would be fine, that's what my hospital tanks are too.

Reactions: FishandBirdLover

Registered
1) 25 litres, Jedi the betta,2) 60 litres with 2 blue rams and 6 tetras,3) my cat!
The same happened to my golfish a year ago, and it died from stress. I hope your friend recovers...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE: She has fungus now (I'm guessing it was because of the shredded fins, Because the fungus is on her fins), So I moved her to medicated water. For some reason I think she's a little more active but I'm not sure. I added IAL's so hopefully she'll get better fast! This is my sisters betta and I feel terrible. 馃槩 馃様

Registered
UPDATE: She has fungus now (I'm guessing it was because of the shredded fins, Because the fungus is on her fins), So I moved her to medicated water. For some reason I think she's a little more active but I'm not sure. I added IAL's so hopefully she'll get better fast! This is my sisters betta and I feel terrible. 馃槩 馃様
Aww no! Crossing my fingers for you two!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aww no! Crossing my fingers for you two!
Thank you! She is still alive and the fungus has gone now. 馃槗 But still a long way to go. :cautious:

Registered
I'm so glad she's doing at least a little better!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm so glad she's doing at least a little better!!
Thank you! She is getting a little more active everyday and she is starting to eat again. :) Here are some pics of her and the hideout she got stuck in:
Fluid Gas Liquid Water Auto part
Liquid Fluid Automotive tire Water Automotive lighting
Liquid Automotive lighting Fluid Gas Circle
Water Fluid Liquid Organism Fish
Water Fin Fish Fluid Marine biology
Fin Water Fish Marine biology Window
Larva Insect Invertebrate Terrestrial animal Macro photography
Water Liquid Window Fluid Fin
Ingredient Cuisine Plant Dish Wood
Food Tableware Kitchen utensil Ingredient Recipe

You can see that something is coming of off the wound and that there is something red underneath. Is it something to be worried about?

Registered
Thank you! She is getting a little more active everyday and she is starting to eat again. :) Here are some pics of her and the hideout she got stuck in:
View attachment 1034513 View attachment 1034514 View attachment 1034515 View attachment 1034516 View attachment 1034517 View attachment 1034518 View attachment 1034519 View attachment 1034520 View attachment 1034521 View attachment 1034522

You can see that something is coming of off the wound and that there is something red underneath. Is it something to be worried about?
Sorry, I might've read wrong but I just wanted to make sure I thought right, is the wound the rough-looking patch in front of her dorsal fin?
I do see what you're talking about if so. Is the stuff coming off raised and kind of "fluffy"?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, It's the wound on her back.

Registered
No, It's the wound on her back.
That's what I meant, sorry that I wasn't clear!
Is the stuff on it raised and kind of "fluffy"? If so, I think she might've gotten fungus in it. I know aquarium salt will work for that.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's what I meant, sorry that I wasn't clear!
Is the stuff on it raised and kind of "fluffy"? If so, I think she might've gotten fungus in it. I know aquarium salt will work for that.
No, It's not fluffy. I got rid of all her fungus. She has fungus clear, aquarium salt, and IAL's in with her. It's kind of raised and it looks hard.

Registered
No, It's not fluffy. I got rid of all her fungus. She has fungus clear, aquarium salt, and IAL's in with her. It's kind of raised and it looks hard.
Alright, I apologize for the mix-up and the misreadings on my end!
I'm honestly not sure what it could be so I'm not sure what to tell you except to keep watching (ik you are 馃檪).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright, I apologize for the mix-up and the misreadings on my end!
I'm honestly not sure what it could be so I'm not sure what to tell you except to keep watching (ik you are 馃檪).
Thank you. I hope she'll get better. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update: The raised thing on her back has fallen off now. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts