Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fish sam ( god he gets the butt end of the deal as far as emegencys go) tail was growing back nicely and today i went to feed my bettas and his tank is ripped to all hell!!! I have only 2 silk plants in there that wouldnt be the culprit as i did the nilon test and so i dont know whats wrong?
Is he tail nipping? if so why do they do it and can i get him to stop? or is this just a bad habbit he is going to have for ever? here is a picture of it. ( you see his top fin is non existant do to another emergancy that happend so just ignor that ^.^)

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
sure looks like it to me! tailbiting occurs for many reasons. he could be stressed, which is the main reason. the other is boredom. that one, is my delta's issue. >.>; figure out if it's stress by eliminating the stressors. does he have a heater? how decorated is his tank?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He has a heater, and a couple silk plants ( his top fin is still healing so im tring to be minimal with the decorations. The sressor could be the air pump but i have no idea how to make it less powerful with out tieing the tube up so only a little comes out, but i herd that i can wreck it, whats your advice on it?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nvm i firgured something out, ill try cuttinf the tube off the hole where the air is suppose to come out ( was built in with the tank, and putting it down the back

1 - 4 of 4 Posts