Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My betta fish has recently been very lethargic and has this white spot under his chin. I am decently sure the spot is ich so I added ick medicine into the tank along with aquarium salt. The next day (today) I noticed he is still just laying behind a rock in the tank and now his fins are starting to discolor. Please help diagnose the problem and tell me how to fix it. He is a new fish and I already am attachedto him. II'd be devastated to see him die

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Please answer as many of the questions below so we can help you better.

Housing
What size is your tank?
What temperature is your tank?
Does your tank have a filter?
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration?
Is your tank heated?
What tank mates does your betta fish live with?

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish?
How often do you feed your betta fish?

Maintenance

How often do you perform a water change?
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change?
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change?

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed?
How has your betta fish's behavior changed?
When did you start noticing the symptoms?
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how?
Does your fish have any history of being ill?
How old is your fish (approximately)?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10 gallons, 80 yes, no, yes, none, aqueon betta buts and omega one dried blood worms, once every mornig , never yet cuz I bought the tank last Wednesday, haven't changed but I plan on like 30% every two weeks , I do add api aquarium salt, I haven't tested the water, changes in appareance area white patch under the gills, fins are closed more than usual and they're pler, he became lethargic, just sitting either in the top corner or on the floor next to an ornament, I noticed this 2 days ago, I treated him by adding the salt and with ich medicine, he has no history of being I'll considering I got him last Saturday and he's however old he was when I bought him plus one week

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't get a good picture :/ if I get one I'll send it but my phone camera sucks and he's lying down so u can't really see it but it's just a patch of white just behind but not touching the gills, it it just a patch. Its on the underside of his body, probably a centimeter long and it only reaches up to just under eye level but it stays in the area I described.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know what it is. It doesn't look fuzzy like fungus but it wasn't there before. It might be discoloration but Idk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts