Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone...i am very sad and desperate to save my beautiful betta Echo. I am always taking good care of my betta and always watching him..talking to him..and i noticed 3 days ago he seemed slightly off balance and his belly was bloated..i did some research and it seemed he was constipated..since my bf said efho passed a large fishy poop that night and seemed fine the next day..then later that night i noticed his scales were raised slihtly. I knew then it was a sure sign of dropsy and began to panic. Ive read for hours on dropsy, treatment and success rate of recovery..and with hardly any hope i started treatment right away. He is in a 5gallon tank and i immediately sterilized the tank..and his skull ornament he loves..and added maracyn 2 to his water..along with water conditioner and a tsp of aquarium salt..ive read positice and negative feed back on using aquarium salt with dropsy so i dont know if i should continue giving it to him. I really cant lose echo..i love him so much and he has such a great personality..can someone please give me any advise possible and maybe some hope along the way? I will be giving him his second dose of meds in a few hours..should i do another %100 water change and add the meds or just add it to the.water thats in his tank already? Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.