Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did make a post yesterday over how i rescued a lethargic baby betta on its side with uneaten oversized pellets. Currently he or she is in a heated (82° F) 5 gal and is staying in an isolation box. I just did a full water change a few minutes ago, so the ammonia and nitrite levels are currently 0. (It is unfortunately uncycled.) I tried boiling an egg and feeding crushed up yolk as suggested to me by another betta care community, which was unsuccessful. I also tried soaking crushed pellets and frozen brine shrimp in water with a clove of garlic. Again, still not eating. Also having really hard time swimming so hasnt come up for air that I've seen in the past 24 hours.
I just really hope for this little guy or girl to pull through and I hate that petco allowed this baby to get so sick.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Looks like he is very Starved.
I'm not sure how to get him to eat. ( By the way, I'm just calling it a him for now lol)
Are his scales Raised?
Looks like he may have pop eye but I can't tell... I'm very sorry, He definitely isn't looking very good :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The poor thing is so tiny it's really hard to tell if it's pineconing. And the popeye is actually looking so much better than it did yesterday thankfully

1 - 5 of 5 Posts