Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My male CT got swim bladder about a week and a half ago. I figured it was from overeating. I had just gotten some WCMMs for tank mates for my male VT on the other side if the divided ten gal and I had been feeding them a little more than usual. I put him in a half gal(yes I know it's small but it's all I have right now) hospital tank and fasted him and gave him daphnia and he seemed to be all better. I put him in a cup and floated him in the ten gal and when the water temp was equal I let him back in. When I came to check on him he was bloated and floating again. I hadn't fed him and I had just cleaned the tank so I didn't think there could be any food in there. I did the treatment again and he seemed fine so I put him back in the ten gal and the same thing happened again. This happened three times. I considered maybe it had something to do with the water but I have another male, WCMMs, and a ghost shrimp and they're all fine. Right now I have him in the hospital tank with some Epsom salt and a drop of melafix. I fed him a pellet last night just to see what happened and he seemed fine last night but I woke up this morning to a bloated fish. I honestly have no idea what's going on. I've asked a bunch of people with bettas and they didn't know either. Please please help!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WCMMs are White Cloud Mountain minnows. The temperature is steady around 80 in the hospital tank. And I was feeding him omega one betta buffet pellets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.