Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my dumbo halfmoon betta about two weeks ago. He had been doing fine until a few days ago when I noticed he was starting to lose his color. When I bought him, he didn't have any color but the woman who was helping me pick a fish said that was because he was young. I took him home and he turned a beautiful blueish-green color. He was also very active and even jumped out of the water when I fed him. Now he is completely white and doesn't move or eat. I've been looking everywhere to see what might be wrong with him and how to treat it, but to no avail. He is currently in a 1 gallon tank with no heating or filter (I know it's wrong, but I already had the tank before and I planned on buying a bigger one when I got more money.) Please help, I feel so helpless watching him like this.

·
Registered
339 Posts
To start with, he needs a heater. That will be your best remedy to making him more active and a happy fish. 2.5 gallons is the minimum really, but, it's not that bad - 0.5 gals are worst.

And secondly, I think that's just him colouring up. They change colour when they are in clean, warm quality water. :)

Or he could be a marble. :shock: That would explain a lot. But I'm having a brain fart and I can't seem to remember what marbles look like...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts