Registered
81 Posts
IMG_6341.jpg

Here's my new boy. He's a delta tail. Need to name him lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
Clove's "Big Boy" Tank

When I got Clove I gave him a few bottle caps as a joke with my roommates and now he looks at them and constantly checks that his collection is outside his tank lol. I even hang my art up for him once I finish a small piece!
I just recently switched Clove to a 2 gallon (after isolating him in his 1 gallon due to constipation)! I have never owned a tank larger than 1 gallon for my previous bettas.
Clove has a moss ball since I'm not sure how filters/bubblers work yet. But once I'm in a permanent home (I'm currently in a dorm so I'm constantly traveling with Clove) I hope to learn more and get him a bigger tank! He does have a heater which I try to keep around 76.

I'm open to comments or suggestions to help make Clove happier!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,321 Posts
would a floating log be OK?
Yes. When I used them I would spray with clear Krylon Fusion and let them dry for three or four days. This seals and prevents flaking.

And, Welcome to the Forum!

·
Super Moderator
18,321 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! :wave:

I would search the Forum for information on Betta Hammocks or start a new thread.

And, no, you do not need to leave room for the Betta to use its labyrinth organ. Their gills are their primary breathing apparatus. In my filtered, well-oxygenated tanks I never see them go to the surface to breathe.....only to build bubble nests. :)

An aside: If a member's post is older and you have a question check when the member was last active in their About Me page. Kittles, for example, hasn't been on the Forum in four years. Took me a while to learn this.

·
Super Moderator
18,321 Posts
13121 - 13140 of 13169 Posts