13141 - 13160 of 13169 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,362 Posts
Work in progress but I finally got around to converting Saffron's tank to live plants.
It's a 5 gallon, bare bottom tank which makes cleaning so much easier. The black garbage bag on the bottom (which I really need to trim) helps with reflections.
The towel provides a little shaded alcove in the back where he can hang out and hide when the lights are on.
I have three artificial plants that need to be replaced with the live ones in quarantine. I may leave the larger one or the two smaller ones since the back is shaded a lot especially with the IAL. Chocking live plants in there with so many shaded areas is tough.
I also have some moss to wrap his mesh tube but I may change that out entirely with one of the floating betta logs as I think the moss might burn being so close to the light.
I'm also thinking of replacing the air stone with a small internal pump for more water movement.

If you look a the top right corner, you can see the little blue one resting on his IAL.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,335 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
Here are my tanks a 3.4 gallon with just java fern for my HM male (who would have beautiful fins if didn't chomp on them), and a 2.5 gallon with java fern and anubias for my HM double tail. He has so much trouble swimming with his fins being so large and so heavy in comparison to his shorter body. Poor guy. That's why he has ans will only ever have just 2ish gallons to swim in. I try to give him a good life...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,362 Posts
I am thinking about adding more plants next week, any suggestions?
Are those Vals on the left?
Just a thought, move the vals back behind the driftwood (of move the driftwood infront of the vals).
Get a larger broad leaf anubias on the left side infront of the driftwood and a smaller anubias more center and front of the driftwood.
A moss ball at the front, slightly off center and if you're feeling adventurous, a tie a couple of java ferns to the driftwood.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Are those Vals on the left?
Just a thought, move the vals back behind the driftwood (of move the driftwood infront of the vals).
Get a larger broad leaf anubias on the left side infront of the driftwood and a smaller anubias more center and front of the driftwood.
A moss ball at the front, slightly off center and if you're feeling adventurous, a tie a couple of java ferns to the driftwood.
I love it! Thank you! I am going to try that! Those are vals, and im pretty sure I can find everything except a mossball at my local pet store. Maybe they'll order one for me if I ask them about it! They are a local pet shop, super friendly, knowledgable and cares for animals above all else :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
20 Gallon "Betta and Friends" Community Tank

They are all getting along well! My betta even likes to school with the tetras :smile2: I have a variety of plants but cannot identify them (nor could the salesperson at the shop), so please let me know if you recognize any! I know there are jungle Vals. I have have a piece of mopani wood and a castle in there 0:)

Do you guys think I could fit a few more tetras in the tank?

Attachments

·
Registered
627 Posts
Just upgraded my baby Polaris to a 10g tank, which means it's picture time!

Hopefully the fake plants will be replaced with real ones in a couple of months when I can afford it. Undecided whether I'll keep the skulls or change to something more... natural.

And this is actually a couple of days old- but Orion's planted tank! Also 10g, it has Anubias, Java Fern, an Amazon Sword, one tiny remnant of Anacharis and some floating bits of a "mystery plant" that I can't identify.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just upgraded my baby Polaris to a 10g tank, which means it's picture time!

Hopefully the fake plants will be replaced with real ones in a couple of months when I can afford it. Undecided whether I'll keep the skulls or change to something more... natural.

And this is actually a couple of days old- but Orion's planted tank! Also 10g, it has Anubias, Java Fern, an Amazon Sword, one tiny remnant of Anacharis and some floating bits of a "mystery plant" that I can't identify.

Love the skulls in Polaris's tank! And I love the natural look of Orion's tank! :nicefish:

·
Registered
150 Posts
They are all getting along well! My betta even likes to school with the tetras :smile2: I have a variety of plants but cannot identify them (nor could the salesperson at the shop), so please let me know if you recognize any! I know there are jungle Vals. I have have a piece of mopani wood and a castle in there 0:)

Do you guys think I could fit a few more tetras in the tank?
Love the look of your tank and your golden dojo loach is SO awesome! :nicefish:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here's Mrs. Fowl(aka Flitter) and Artemis Fowl Sr.'s divided 15 gallon tank, they are currently in spawning tank though.
Everything was moved from my 20 gallon long which will be used as a grow out tank for fry IF I am lucky enough for the Fowl's to spawn.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here's Mrs. Fowl(aka Flitter) and Artemis Fowl Sr.'s divided 15 gallon tank, they are currently in spawning tank though.
Everything was moved from my 20 gallon long which will be used as a grow out tank for fry IF I am lucky enough for the Fowl's to spawn.
Love the setup! And the snails are so cute! Did you find them at a pet store near you? I've been trying to find some, but my store doesn't carry them purposefully.

13141 - 13160 of 13169 Posts