Betta Fish Forum banner
13241 - 13260 of 13296 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Recently upgraded my mom's betta Leia to a 5.5g with a mix of real & fake plants:

And my pride & joy, 10g with all live plants for my boy Orion:

I know the watersprite floating up top is unruly, but I just love the way it makes the tank look! Luckily, Orion seems to like it too. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is my 10 gallon community with 2 male betta, 1 female, and 5 guppies. Before you say anything yes I know they're not supposed to be house together cause they are aggressive, but the thing is they are doing absolutely perfect. I've had them together for more than a month with no bad behavior. One male has short fins from a bullying incident a while back in a previous community setup, and the other male may flare on the rare occasion for a second and then swim away going about his business. The female was a bully in my sorority so I introduced her and nothing happened. They know each other, and ignore everything except food. But just on the safe side I check everyone everyday for damage just in case.

I was also wanting to know if anyone else has done this before. Because honestly, I'm still stumped on how I managed it.

·
Registered
LongHa & Barbie
253 Posts
Starting to plant my bettas new 10 gallon scape with seiryu stone! Going to be putting in some Anubias nana petite, dwarf hair grass and Java moss. Will post the end product as soon as I’m done! View attachment 1023710
Updates on this bad boy you're putting together? I'm curious to see how it turns out.

@Kita Kan while I've never done this myself, but I do know that a larger tank could work for multiple betta as they will have more room for their own territory. These many betta together in a small tank sounds risky, especially when its breeding time. You should start a separate thread about this. You will get a much wider and educated response.

·
Registered
LongHa & Barbie
253 Posts
I've changed up LongHa's tank since the previous photo was taken. Due to the small size, its hard to get a pretty scape without compromising swim room. I removed some of the plants that weren't growing any and uprooting themselves with every friggen water change and returned one of his first tank decor. Now that his bladder issues are controlled, he likes to duck and hide every so often. Plus, he looks so stinking cute in it. :love:

Sometimes, less is more.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Updates on this bad boy you're putting together? I'm curious to see how it turns out.

@Kita Kan while I've never done this myself, but I do know that a larger tank could work for multiple betta as they will have more room for their own territory. These many betta together in a small tank sounds risky, especially when its breeding time. You should start a separate thread about this. You will get a much wider and educated response.
Thank you, this has crossed my mind and I would like to eventually get them their own tanks or get a larger one for the whole community, and there's already a thread, I found it after posting this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, so I'm sure everyone would love to see the variety of betta tanks/bowls that we have, so post pics of yours here!:-D I have to find my camera, and then I'll get pics of my tanks :)
Hello everyone I’m new here but wanted to share my 10 gallon that I just redesigned for my two year old female Betta, Sushi (Su). I finally made the switch from sand to gravel and I have to say I love it! I also highly recommend putting Golden Pothos vine roots in your tank! It’s great for nitrates. I rescued Su from Petco when she was a tiny pink fry. She deserves nothing but the best!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thought I would share my betta tank set ups and one community tank that houses one of my bettas.

This is my 3 way divided 20 gallon long. I have a heater in the middle and each section has a sponge filter. I do plan on redoing the sections and add more plants to them. Each section gives each betta roughly 6.5 gallons.

This is my divided 10 gallon tank, sponge filter on each side and heater on one side.

This is my 40 breeder, it’s mainly my angel community but I do a have a betta in this tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
789 Posts
Got my 5 gallon tank in its most basic setup (for now!) mix of real and silk plants— gonna let it cycle and things settle in a bit before acquiring the betta.

View attachment 1028671
I remember the substrate ”discussion“😆!
So finally you‘ve set up a tank and it will grow in nicely. Be sure to give the plants some nutrition (fertilizer) as they have almost zero without live stock.
And - if you don‘t want to wait as long as some plants reach the top: get at least 1 big and smooth (silk)plant to serve as a surface hide for your Betta-to-be☺.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I remember the substrate ”discussion“😆!
So finally you‘ve set up a tank and it will grow in nicely. Be sure to give the plants some nutrition (fertilizer) as they have almost zero without live stock.
And - if you don‘t want to wait as long as some plants reach the top: get at least 1 big and smooth (silk)plant to serve as a surface hide for your Betta-to-be☺.
Haha, that’s the plan! The pet store had a very limited selection, so I aim to hop on over to the other one near by later this week to see what they have. I did put root tabs under the substrate! Hopefully my bad plant luck is over and done with. I like these lil ones that I got

·
Registered
75 Posts
After much back and forth on whether I wanted to switch out my black substrate to a lighter one, I finally broke down and did it. I think I like this better (for now). My betta seems to be enjoying the change of scenery too as he is swimming around more than before, although that could be due to me taking out a huge amount of pennywort that was floating at the surface and taking up half of the tank. Please excuse the little crypt stumps in the front. They're new and melted back to just stubby stems. :ROFLMAO:

13241 - 13260 of 13296 Posts