Betta Fish Forum banner
13301 - 13309 of 13309 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
A long time ago - 20 plus years - I used to build acrylic aquarium tanks that fit inside the original Apple Macintosh computer from the 80s. It was kind of a thing on the internet in the 90s and I made this one for myself in 1999 and it has been in storage since 2003-ish until just recently.

I pulled it out, cleaned it up, and filled it with water and it's still as good a new. The tank holds about 3 1/2 gallons. I've got an old school under gravel filter and a cheap LED light low behind the front bezel. The aquarium needs to live outdoors on my lanai, so I needed a fish that could take warm water. I filled the tank and watched the temperature for several days and it looks like low to mid 80s will be the summer water temp.

A betta seemed like the logical choice for this tank. I had one or two way back when but I don't know much about them. Got this guy at the local pet store.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi everyone I'm working on a 20 gallon hexagon female sorority tank. I will have 4 girls in it but right now there's only 2...so far the 2 in it are getting along great they even swim together peacefully....i think it because they were in a 5 gallon divided tank for few months and got to know each other with the divider as a shield. The other 2 are way smaller and I'm tad worried to introduce them to rhe 2 way bigger ones. Anyways here my set up: drawf hair grass, anubis drawf, Java fern, sword plant, dragon rock (I think) Java moss on a driftwood stick, 4 leaf clover plans and 2 unknow plants
Water Plant Vertebrate Organism Pet supply

·
Registered
Many Platies, 1 Glofish, Many Goldfish and RRM's, Many Shrimp and Snails, 5 Birds.
4,880 Posts
Hi everyone I'm working on a 20 gallon hexagon female sorority tank. I will have 4 girls in it but right now there's only 2...so far the 2 in it are getting along great they even swim together peacefully....i think it because they were in a 5 gallon divided tank for few months and got to know each other with the divider as a shield. The other 2 are way smaller and I'm tad worried to introduce them to rhe 2 way bigger ones. Anyways here my set up: drawf hair grass, anubis drawf, Java fern, sword plant, dragon rock (I think) Java moss on a driftwood stick, 4 leaf clover plans and 2 unknow plants View attachment 1043332

I'd suggest some floating plants on the top of the tank and add more plants.

Reactions: betta4ever!

·
Registered
Many Platies, 1 Glofish, Many Goldfish and RRM's, Many Shrimp and Snails, 5 Birds.
4,880 Posts
Everyone's tanks are beautiful! I love the computer one, @heySkippy.

·
Registered
Fink - Female Veiltale with Red Markings (I think?)
18 Posts
Here is my set up for my single female betta, Fink.

A 3 Gallon Top Fin Tank with LED Lid from PetSmart with an included Preset Thermostat, Glass Thermometer, & Filter.

All plants are currently artificial—1 x leaf hammock with a log cover for the suction cup, 2 x 4” leafy plant, 1 x soft plastic grass square, & 1 x soft plastic clover square floating upside down

Green Rectangle Azure Aquatic plant Output device

13301 - 13309 of 13309 Posts