Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please post your bubble nests..

neacco created a bubble nest and I got to watch him make part of his bubble nest it was such a beautifull site...I am fully fasinated with it and id lov to see more of them....

·
Registered
497 Posts
These are so cool! :O
I have a girl, so I haven't seen one in person before.
When and why do they make them?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
they make them when there comfortable in the environment there in and they are happy, healthy, and sometimes ready to breed. since bubble nest is where the eggs go in spawning. sometimes it is for defence of territory, but mostly affection

·
Registered
497 Posts
That's so cute! I love it when animals act instinctively! :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"you guys these bubble nests are so lovely"
The bubble nest are how they make there baby frys" only when a female is envolved...and the male & female mate...when the two get together the male chases the female around for lake of better word lol the she let's out eggs I believe & the male scoops them up in his mouth & then releases them into the bubbles then a few week after baby frys are born...

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
"you guys these bubble nests are so lovely"
The bubble nest are how they make there baby frys" only when a female is envolved...and the male & female mate...when the two get together the male chases the female around for lake of better word lol the she let's out eggs I believe & the male scoops them up in his mouth & then releases them into the bubbles then a few week after baby frys are born...
it is not always about breeding or when they see a female. i have males that built nest without any betta around them, it means that they are healthy and happy sometimes ready to breed not all the time.
and also females pitch in helping pick up the eggs, or they try to eat them and males sometimes eats the eggs. betta fry hatch in 2 days though.

·
Registered
497 Posts
What confusing parents. Sometimes taking care of the eggs, sometimes eating them, lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts