Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's been staying in my friends big tank and doing really well. Yesterday he suddenly started laying on his side, so I came over and he was placed into QT for a few hours. After going back into the tank he seemed a little better but then died over night.

Old pic of him when he was 11"-12", when he died he was slightly over 14"

when he was a baby

and a random photo of him in his favorite spot

·
Registered
292 Posts
what a handsom guy!!! i'm so sorry for your loss! how long did you have him?

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
What a beautiful Pleco. I'm sorry for your loss too. It's easy to get attached to a fish that you have had for a very long time and grown from a baby.
Very nice pictures too!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
sorry to hear that,sad day. :(

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what a handsom guy!!! i'm so sorry for your loss! how long did you have him?
I had him for 10 years, and he's been in my friends tank for about half a year.

Thanks everyone :) I'll miss him but I'm also happy he got to spend the last part of his life in a big 75g rather then my 48g.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
B'awh :( poor guy.
Must say, that last picture where you can see the scale texture is amazing. They must have really thick skin.

·
Registered
291 Posts
yeah they do,it's really hard,

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Awwwww... sorry you lost your pleco. He had a good long life because he was well taken care of.

I love the baby pic. What an expression!

·
Registered
26 Posts
How sad. . . it's wonderful that you've had 10 years with him. I have a baby pleco that's growing up wonderfully, but I won't be able to take him with me when I leave in two years, )=

Did your guy have a name?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Strange, usually really hard to kill Plecos. Sorry to hear he died
Yeah I found it strange too and he was only middle aged for a pleco. Probably if I had him at home I could of avoided it and if it happened treated him.

Sakura8 I'm so sorry Regiment died, Copper. He sure was a handsome guy with a cute face. You raised him well. :)
Kinda, I got him when I was little and didn't take the best care of my aquarium. When he was older he got much better care and a better diet.

·
Registered
10,789 Posts
You were little, you can be excused. And once you knew better, you took better care of him. So I rest my case. You raised him well. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts