Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently returned home after 1.5 weeks away. I had a friend house and pet sitting. 2 days after I got home, my betta Fish Mooney, started swimming on his side. I thought he may have been overfed, causing the bloating, so I fasted him for 2 days thinking that would help his bloating. Then yesterday (day 1.5 of fasting) I noticed he developed popeye in both eyes. When I saw that he was sick, I immediately did a water change and removed rocks/most decor so I could monitor for poop. I also replaced filters (I know, shouldn't have done that, I was panicked). Yesterday, I tried epsom salts and did one treatment of Seachem's Kanaplex (1/2 of the little shovel based on the tank size and dosage requirement). Today, I tried feeding him the 1/4 - 1/2 inside of a cooked pea but it just went straight to the bottom. He hasn't eaten it-- likely because he can't control his swimming very well to get to them. I do not see any signs of poop.

Normally I feed him 4-5 hard pellets morning/night (or what he can eat in about 2mins). He gets frozen bloodworms as occasional treats. I do a 50% water changes every week.

My dad just died by suicide a few weeks ago, so Fish Mooney being sick is extra upsetting. I'm terrified he's going to die. I'm not sure if I'm doing the Kanaplex treatment properly-- it said to turn the filter off but not for how long?

Any advice, step by step, would be very much appreciated. Fish Mooney is about 6 months old and he is my very first fish. I've never posted on a forum, sorry if I didn't do this properly.

Thank you :(

Tank:
Marina 360 Splash
2.65 Gallons
Heated
Carbon filters
Water temp: 76-78
pH: 7.2 (before adding medication)
Decor: silk/soft plastic plants short and medium height; 2 swim rings (one attached to the side and one the bottom of the tank).
All decor has been removed except for a soft plastic plant for anchor near the surface and the thermometer.

Fish3.jpg

Fish2.jpg

Fish1.jpg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts