Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
So while i was at petsmart today i happened to notice a very beautiful crowntail betta, that happened to have popeye. i showed it to the manager and she let me have him for free. i bought some maracyn to treat it with, but the dosage is one packet for 10 gallons of water..... i do plan to divide one of my current ten gallon tanks to put him in once he gets better. but i dont know how to dose out this medication and treat him in the hospital tank he's in. right now he is in a heated 1 gallon bowl with water that has been conditioned and has aquarium salt added. i dont really know how to proceed from here :/ how much do i give him? how do i measure it out? and can i leave the heater in the tank when i add the maracyn? help!
My beta also has popeye and I bought Maracyn II for him. If Maracyn is administered in doses like Maracyn II, I would just use proportions to get the right amount. So, say for instance it is asking you to 2 packets per 10 g of water on the first day and 1 packet each day after that. You say you are using a 1 g bowl? I have a 2.5 g tank with only that one beta in it, so I also had to do the math. It's not accurate since there aren't really measurement units, but try this:

2 packets/10 g water=x packets/1 g water
2 packets/10 g water=0.20 packets/1 g water

every day after that is 0.1 packets. Now this is hard to really know how much that is. I sort of divided the packet into parts, first half, then quarters. Draw some lines on the packets and that could help visually with the measurements. If the Maracyn does't work, like the Maracyn II it didn't for me, try epsom salt. I just added it to my tank, so I don't have results yet. hoping it works!

lol I hope what I said even helps.

·
Registered
68 Posts
OK. Oh, poor baby. :( I hope he does get better. IDK the medicine should mess up the heater or anything. Maracyn II didn't do anything to mine, although it's so warm in my house I don't have the heater turned on.

·
Registered
68 Posts
BlueStar, how long should it take before ES shows any results? And I'm going to need to change 100% tomorrow then and not 25-50%. O__O Is 7 days the norm? I also have this problem with my betta currently and nothing much has changed and this is day 2.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I know the sticky post you posted said it was ok to use medicine and ES at the same time. I wonder should I use the Maracyn II again (second time) and the ES or what? I'm scared and don't want him to lose an eye.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts