Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while i was at petsmart today i happened to notice a very beautiful crowntail betta, that happened to have popeye. i showed it to the manager and she let me have him for free. i bought some maracyn to treat it with, but the dosage is one packet for 10 gallons of water..... i do plan to divide one of my current ten gallon tanks to put him in once he gets better. but i dont know how to dose out this medication and treat him in the hospital tank he's in. right now he is in a heated 1 gallon bowl with water that has been conditioned and has aquarium salt added. i dont really know how to proceed from here :/ how much do i give him? how do i measure it out? and can i leave the heater in the tank when i add the maracyn? help!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
can i just take like.. a pellet sized pinch and put it in there? i dont have anything that will measure weight in milligrams.... but i dont want to overdose him either

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay i got an idea... can i pour the entire packet into one gallon of water... take 1/10ths of that gallon (being 1 3/5 cups)... and add a fresh gallon of water to that.... and get the same concentration?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i ended up using this dosage...

Originally Posted by Sakura8
Get a 1 gallon jug and fill with 5 cups of dechlorinated water. Add the dosage of one med and mix well. Now pour 1/2 cup of medicated water per gallon into the hospital tank. Since your tank is 1 gallon, pour in 1/2 cup of medicated water. Get a second jug and repeat with the second medication.

he dosent look too good though. i hope i can save him, hes a very beautiful fish. just wondering the meds wont mess up the heater or anything right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts