Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey! Your Boo looks very similar to my Percy. I brought him home a few weeks ago, and as you can see by my profile picture, he has some red in him as well. This has developed over the time he has been home with me. His change in color has been the result of better water quality and great color-enhancing Betta flakes. I would just watch Boo closely for any other signs of fin rot. It very well could be just because he has better overall health in his new home.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Fin rot is caused by the bacteria in your tank, so once a day you should try and clean the lil guy's tank and add some water conditioner. A lot of times this can be the result of stress or pet store neglect, so don't feel guilty AT ALL. Keep his water a bit cooler (76-78 F) Add aquarium salt and keep his light off. Lights seem to slow the regrowth process. Once you've given your fish daily water changes and aquarium salt once a day for 7-10 days you should be good!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.