Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a baby betta about a week and half ago. She’s in a 5 gal planted tank-it’s not cycled because I wasn’t planning on having another betta. Ammonia, nitrite,nitrates are zero and I do a water change every other day. Ph is about 7 last time I checked several days ago. I can’t get the dang heater to maintain a temp above 76.6 and sometimes drops lower at night. When I first got her she was very active, ate well, and seemed to enjoy swimming. Initially she didn’t have a filter running until I got a sponge for the intake and then suddenly things changed. I added plants around the filter to lessen the flow thinking maybe she didn’t like that.

The symptoms are laying at the bottom, I can’t tell if she’s gasping because she’s VERY small. She hides in the flower pot. She’ll sleep at the top at night under leaves like normal. But today I watched her only come up to the surface for air and then literally used the plants to slide back down to the pot where she plopped on her belly. She is hardly eating.The last few days she just stared at the food eating maybe1 piece of either Hikari bites or Betta crumbles. She is still really vibrant for a baby.Doesn’t have signs of disease on her body from what I can see. I can’t tel if she is having trouble floating/swimming or just wants to be at the bottom. What could be wrong and what should I do to help her?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts