Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rehabbing this poor fishy for a local pet store (a pet store that happens to take excellent care of their bettas). One of his neighbors jumped a divider and fought with him. He was ridiculously bloated yesterday, so I told the fish guy to call me in the morning if he wasn't better. Long story short, this fishy is now in a 5gal by himself under more direct supervision.

The main thing I notice now that he's in my care and has pooped is that he's carrying his ventrals beyond up underneath of him; they're actually pointing upward. His fins are a little ragged, but that's to be expected after being in a fight. Also, his mouth is always partly open, more so than I think is normal. He's fairly active though.

Does anyone see anything else/have any suggestions for possible treatments, other than time?

Attachments

·
Registered
692 Posts
For his ventrals, it's kind of hard to tell. I'm saying he is either clamping up or maybe it's a defect?

I would start him out on the esposm salt for his bloating, as well as warm water for his fins. I would keep a close eye on them for fin rot (you can never be too careful!).

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For his ventrals, it's kind of hard to tell. I'm saying he is either clamping up or maybe it's a defect?

I would start him out on the esposm salt for his bloating, as well as warm water for his fins. I would keep a close eye on them for fin rot (you can never be too careful!).
The bloating was a problem yesterday -- now that he's pooped, it's no longer an issue. But either way he's already on aquarium salt. The water temp is 82ºF at the moment. So far his fins seem fine, other than being somewhat ragged from the fight.

I'm starting to get the feeling he doesn't see too well. He doesn't react at all to visual stimuli and he seems to run into things a lot. (NOTE: The only things in his tank right now - purely because it's a hospital tank - are a silk plant, a colorful solid glass orb, and a small ornament for him to hide under)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts