Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't posted in awhile but yesterday I re-did Sisyphus's 5gal...black sand, a new log, new filter (bigger filter than before, but with less flow), and some new plants, hornwort and amazon swords (although they may be java ferns, the guy at the LPS wasn't sure and neither am I).

Does anyone know what was causing the browning (and eventual dying) of my older java ferns? I have had them for a good 6 months, and some even sprouted, but I never cut the sprouts-if they sprout again should I cut them off? They are low-light needing plants, and should be getting enough, I mean, the tank is by a window and I purposefully chose low-light needing plants for this reason.

Here is the finished new tank :D complete with all the new hornwort bunches and the healthy amazon swords...I did once hear that you don't have enough plants until you can't see your fish anymore so...finally fit that requirement haha

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi! Those leaves look to me almost as though they're burnt, by either heat, or too much light, or possibly something in the water that's too strong for them.

Anyway, your tank looks great!, maybe just don't use the java?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi! Those leaves look to me almost as though they're burnt, by either heat, or too much light, or possibly something in the water that's too strong for them.

Anyway, your tank looks great!, maybe just don't use the java?
Hm. Burnt. Maybe from my desk lamp? I usually have the desk light on for at least 6 hours a day (because thats where I primarily do all my work, and theres only enough natural light for a few hours in the morning). But yes, I'm hoping these "amazon swords" do better.
Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts