Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone!
I'm super pumped to introduce my new boy!
I won him at the Arizona State Fair on October 27 of this year and have waited to post until now because I wanted to let him settle into his new home before I started snapping pics of him. So here's some background: Every year I go to the state fair and bring a critter home (this year was the first year I won a betta) and I couldn't be more thrilled. I always feel so bad because of the heat they have to deal with while being sloshed around all day:/ I chose a different one at first because I was only given 2 options and I walked away but something didn't feel right UNTIL... they brought out a whole case of fresh, cool bettas!!! I switched them and snatched my guy up so fast, he was the prettiest one of the bunch. I carefully carried him around the fair that night and took him home. His water was CHILLY for the next 2 days as I prepared his home!
Is there anything I should look out for with owning a "state fair" betta?
Do any of you have crazy stories about how you and your betta came to be???
---I will be posting a "tank tour" later in the month detailing how I care for him / what I feed him:)

WELCOME TO THE FAM, BANANA-CHIP
these pics r from my iPhone 6s, lets not talk about the quality LOL, will have better pics soon

Attachments

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
... Just personally, I wouldn't support the people who abuse the bettas. Even if you think you're rescuing it, all you are doing is giving them money and opening up a new space for another betta to suffer.

I would just watch to make sure he's healthy. Beautiful Yellow Veiltail that you have there, and I love his name! <3

I have quite a few crazy stories, considering I have 9 bettas (technically 10 if the science experiment boy lives. Note: Not my choice of fish for this but it's worth 225 points ;-;).

The most crazy are my two newest boys whom I paid $90 for and shipped overseas.... But Ika's story is pretty crazy too. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts