Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I always do when I feed Scouts-Many-Marshes, I watch him eat his pellets. Well this morning I woke up and saw 4 pellets(The amount I normally give him) floating around the tank. Okay, that's odd.....I don't think my stepdad would've fed him, he's probably sleeping. So...Huh

Then, as I take out fresh pellets for him, he looks at me, and vomits up a piece of pellet. O-O

I put the pellets in, and watched him eat them. I'm keeping my eye on him now to see if it happens again.
What do you think it's from? :/

·
Registered
579 Posts
My guys will often do something similar if they bite off more than they can chew or think they are going to get "fresh" food... As for the pellets already in the tank IDK maybe he wasn't hungry when you fed him last night???

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's rather odd...THey aren't even very big betta pellets, they were recommended by a pet shop owner, said she feeds them to her young VTs. I feed Scout 4 pellets when I wake up and 4 pellets when I eat dinner, and that's all he gets.
:I

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Keep a close eye on him. I had the same thing happen and it turned out to be a bacterial infection or a parasite. Make sure his waste is normal, not white & stringy.

My betta, who never had a problem eating, all of a sudden started spitting out his food. The next morning I found what looked like 3 uneaten pellets in his tank that I suspect he regurgitated. I started treating him for bloat because his belly looked a little swollen and red around the anus.

I started treating him in tank with Epsom salts hoping the laxative effect would clear him out. In the meantime I ordered some Kanaplex online with overnight delivery just in case it was something worse. The place I ordered from was out of stock. I searched every LFS for Kanaplex within a 20 mile radius and it was sold out. My fears were realized but by then it was too late. He passed in 4 days. The Kanaplex arrived 2 weeks later.

I don't want you to panic but it's better to be safe the sorry. Keep some medication on hand just in case.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a size comparison of fish, my hand(I'm 13 so my hand is small) and pellet. It's a little hard to see but if you look closely you'll see it. It's about the size of fish's eye. Aad it turns out my stepdad HAD tried to feed him this morning, but he didn't eat them all. :/
Organism Hand Finger Room Rock

1 - 6 of 6 Posts