Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i think i saw someone here once that put their tanks on something like this once, i was wondering if that's a good idea?

it says 350lbs per shelf, and i'd say one 10g on each shelf
i'm not certain on the size specifications of this one but the one i saw at my local lowe's seems like it would work.

am i being delusional? ahaha.
does anyone have any experience with something like this?

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
I have heard the metal on those types of shelves can sometimes bend or break, so maybe lay some treated MDF over the top of the shelf to distribute the weight more evenly.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
From a physics point of view, it depends on the footprint of the weight. Those shelves certainly will NOT be able to hold 350lbs on say the footprint of a common coffee mug. But if it is spread out along the entire shelf, then it should be fine.

If you're scared that it will bend, put a piece of wood covering the entire shelf before putting stuff on it, that will definitely distribute the weight evenly.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Agreed with bahamut. I have a 30 gallon spread out over two shorter ones and so far no problems (and I've had it on them for well over a year now).

·
Banned
138 Posts
hey guys,

i think i saw someone here once that put their tanks on something like this once, i was wondering if that's a good idea?

it says 350lbs per shelf, and i'd say one 10g on each shelf
i'm not certain on the size specifications of this one but the one i saw at my local lowe's seems like it would work.

am i being delusional? ahaha.
does anyone have any experience with something like this?
i bought something like that and i have 2 tanks on it with other stuff.
it freaking rocks.

yes it can take 350lbs per shelf. the way it is constructed it will not tip over.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
great! thanks guys! :)
this will help me with space. xD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts