Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear Thisbe was waiting for me. She was the only female at Petsmart (and usually PS doesn't sell CT females!) ... if I could resist her it would be a total miracle. She's quite an eggy gal, so I'm just going to fast her for a few days until she does her thing.

Then I saw little Pyramus, and he was just being so adorable and blustery and flarey that I had to get him too.

The cashier took a look at them and asked me bluntly if I'd bred them at the store . . . . and how could I when I was just in there for a minute? She then asked if Thisbe was pregnant. I had to explain betta breeding in a nutshell :\

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Hah, Shakespeare fan? Me too. I love A Midsummer Nights Dream. great picks on the fishy's.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Lucky! They are both very pretty bettas!

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep! Midsummer Night's Dream is my favourite Shakespeare play. I also had an orange dalmatian VT named Peaseblossom (RIP).

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
That was always my favorite too. Loads of magic, love and comedy.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Wow that is truly crazy! I was actually going to name my red HMPK pair Pyramus and Thisbe. I just did an essay on this story. Though you should know that Pyramus and Thisbe is not written by Shakespear. Shakespear got the idea of Romeo&Juliet from hearing of Pyramus and Thisbe.

Heh, I'm a little Shakespear fan as well. Though the only story that I know is Romeo&Juliet.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Wow that is truly crazy! I was actually going to name my red HMPK pair Pyramus and Thisbe. I just did an essay on this story. Though you should know that Pyramus and Thisbe is not written by Shakespear. Shakespear got the idea of Romeo&Juliet from hearing of Pyramus and Thisbe.

Heh, I'm a little Shakespear fan as well. Though the only story that I know is Romeo&Juliet.
yea it's cool how the story is basically a play within a play.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
gorgeous fish, chunky girl :p
it isn't possible for a fish to be preggers :| well employee's really don't know stuff sometimes :p glad you told them lol

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
gorgeous fish, chunky girl :p
it isn't possible for a fish to be preggers :| well employee's really don't know stuff sometimes :p glad you told them lol
Well it is possible for a Guppy to be pregnant because they are livebearers, but for a betta, no..there is no way that they can be pregnant.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Very pretty CT girl. Lucky you. The other girl should be on a diet though lol.

I really dislike Petsmart employee. They always recommend very small tanks for bettas. I was looking for a 5G aquarium and they told me it's too big for bettas. I didn't have the energy to argue so i just smiled politely

1 - 11 of 11 Posts