Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've researched everything I need to know about 5 times (bad habit, or I suppose good in a way) but the one thing that keeps creeping back into my head is this...
If for some reason gandalf and lily were to have a really small spawn, would I be able to breed gandalf and jade as well?If so how?Every which way I've looked at it I can't seem to work out how I could make it work...help?Ideas?
Pictures of gandalf, lily and jade below:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Wait two week and rebreed the male again
Coloring will be kind of off but u can always breed dad to daughter to get the white back

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Yes. I would recommend keeping the lines clean and further breed only white bettas, you can breed the same pair every so often, I would recommend around 4 weeks between breeding

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok thanks, I only have one tank, so I'm thinking, if I breed him again in a seperate tub (a small one just to breed them in) and I put the new fry in with the 2 week old fry's would the 2 week olds eat the youngsters?

EDIT:just to be clear the fry from the whitexgreen spawn would be sold rather than rebred, because I want to really concentrate on keeping the pure white line going, but I would like to have a large number of fry to raise, to cover all bases.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Two batches in the same grow-out? I suppose it could be done, but I would still keep them seperate so I know for sure the results of each spawning.

Jeff.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
My whites are in and out of the spawn tank every 2-4 weeks now (setting them up next week again).

I do not like mixing spawns. I prefer leaving them in their own grow outs so I can be a bit more organized on which fish belongs to which spawn.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Lol mrvampire
Your in <3 with your white
So how many batch do you have from them already
Mixing spawn don't really matter
If n only
Both batch is small
Less then a week apart
You know they breed true

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right thanks guys, if I do decide to breed Jade I will keep them seperate!Thanks for all the answers :)

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
I have two batches from them now :) I want one more before I cross back to the parents :) A few will be going to the fall shows :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts