Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sons fish Lita (Please see my other thread "Please Help! Betta Hovering near top of Tank") I have been using API Fungus Cure and today the white spot that was next to her eye is actually gone! yay but...she's still NOT eating, she's looking much better and moving around fairly well. Although her one eye is still a little popped and kinda dark...I gave her the API Fungus Cure this morning and she gets more in 48 hours. But why not eating?? So I posted this message if it's safe to give the Epsom salt? Would that even help with the non-eating? We are leaving town for a week and we are really worried about her. Any advice will help, thanks so much!! Neva

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
No, the Epsom Salt will not help with the not eating. Personally, I wouldn't worry about the not eating especially if he wasn't feeling well. Bettas can go weeks to a month without food so he will not starve. Just keep trying to feed him.

If you haven't already I would switch him to pellets that are high in protein and low in fillers. Omega One Betta Pellets and New Life Spectrum Betta Forumla, Small Purpose Formula, All Purpose Formula are what is recommended. New Life Spectrum have garlic in them and garlic tastes good to bettas but if you get Omega One you can soak them in garlic juice (just microwave a clove of garlic until you see liquid). Garlic might make them more appetizing to him.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts