Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
If your two boys are in constant sight of each other this can and usually does cause problems. Place a lot of decor along the divider (big leafy plants --real or fake-- are great). This will break up their line of sight and will let them "get away" from the other betta.

As far as the heater and filter, the heater should work fine. I have 50w heaters in my 10 gal divided tanks, and they do great. You are going to need to run the filter, tho. The filter provides surface area for the beneficial bacteria that support a cycle. If you haven't read about cycles you can here: A Beginner's Guide to the Freshwater Aquarium Cycle (You should also have a water quality test kit.) If your boys don't like the strong flow of the filter, you should use a baffle. This thread will show you how to make one: Step-By-Step Filter Baffle

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
@Hallyx lol! I guess I'm getting a reputation around here: The Divided Tank Defender (my betta superhero name lol!!)

Newton, some people will put the heater and the filter adjacent to each other, but I don't. It just takes up too much room. I have them on opposite sides of the aquarium. There are a few variations to the double-divider method.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.