Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of Betta in a 3 gal tank with filter and plants. It looks like my female is pretty full of eggs but my male seems to be clueless as to what to do. Is there anyway I can help out. I'm not really hoping for babies, just would like my female to survive if possible. Thanks!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have a pair of Betta in a 3 gal tank with filter and plants. It looks like my female is pretty full of eggs but my male seems to be clueless as to what to do. Is there anyway I can help out. I'm not really hoping for babies, just would like my female to survive if possible. Thanks!!
If you're not trying to breed, you should separate the male and female. A three-gallon is really too small for even a sorority of female bettas and you run the risk of the male or female killing the other one for territory. The female may just lay underutilized eggs and eat them, or, I believe someone here said that they can reabsorb them?

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
+1. Definitely seperate them ASAP. You'll either end up with an accidental spawn, or, more likely, the male and female will tear each other apart (probably resulting in the death of the female).

Yes, it is possible for a female to reabsorb her eggs. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts