Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my food container says to feed Antione as much as hell eat in 2-3 minutes. and ive heard that a lot. but ive also heard people say they only feed their fish anywhere from 2-4 pellets a day... right now Antione eats about 7-8 pellets a day. i usually feed him 3-4 pellets once before school and once a few hours after. attached is a picture from above of how "fat" he is. his heads always been the same size but his body has gotten about twice as thick. personally i think he looked a little starved before but i havent the slightest clue how fat the should be. so my questions are:

Should i feed him more/less?
Is he too skinny/fat?
Is the 3 minute thing a good rule of thumb?

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
The amount of pellets really depends on the brand. Different brands contain different pellet sizes. I use Omega One, which is a fairly small pellet, so I feed 3-4 pellets 2x a day. Bigger pellets may require smaller feeding sizes.

The 3 minute rule is definitely not a good rule. My boys would eat until they couldn't swim properly.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I always use a side view to determine whether they look thin. I think it might be harder to tell looking from the top. Btw, feel free to post albums in your profile or post a picture in the pictures section. We love viewing pics of new bettas here. :-D

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
51 Posts
first off you cant feed him to little but you sure can feed him to much. i feed mine bio gold 2 in morning 1-2 at night. sometimes i feed new life spectrume 3in morning 2 at night. i also skip one day a week.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What a cutie! He doesn't seem to be too camera shy either. My guys start to swim-scoot when a camera gets involved.
Antione doesnt seem to be very scared of anything haha he used to freak out every time i put anything up to the tank but now if i put my finger on the tank hell come right up nose to nose with it! haha same with the mirror. but he doesnt flare like he feels threatened. sometimes i "chase" him around with my finger on the glass :p

i also skip one day a week.
ive been meaning to but i keep forgetting :/ i fed him this morning though so im just gonna skip tonight and tomoro morning and hopefully hell want to eat again! he hasnt ate much the past day - day and a half

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.