Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I have ordered some IAL and I have two acrylic betta bow tanks, does anyone know if the leaves stain the tanks?
Second, I wrote a post a couple of days ago and know one answered so I will try again. I had a fish with a really bad case of fin and body rot and after 3 months of treating with multiple courses of things I had to uthenize him. :-(. What I need to know is how best to clean the tank. It has a sponge filter and has been running since just in case I don't have to destroy the system all together. It still has a tiny bit of antibiotic in it still.

Should I just do a 100%water change and clean ornaments in tap water like normal clean, and then squish the filter really well in some clean but treated water? Or do I need to disassemble and totally clean with some disinfectant, and if so with what? Any advice would be much appreciated as I want it up and running and ready so when I find the right one, whenever that is, it will be all ready for him at home. :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh well, I will clean it up and have it running and I will just watch carefully when I add a new fish. Thanks so much and Whoooo! That's a relief. Lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts