Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Pets: 5 dogs, 4 fish tanks, 2 frogs
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the new tank today. It look bigger than a 3 gallon but maybe my eyes are diseving. There is a few question and problems that Google can’t solve so I would need ur guys opinion. I have never used a bubbler or whatever this is
Peripheral Gadget Eyewear Audio equipment Electrical wiring

How does it work? What do i submerge it in water? Am very clueless.

Gadget Audio equipment Electrical wiring Cable Gas

same thing here lol.

second thing second how do I clean this weird scuzzy looking stuff offf??? What cleaner can I use that won’t kill betta or shrimp??? Paper towel and water doesn’t seem to work.

Thanks in advanced lol. I’m not the sharpest tool for this sorta thing.

·
Super Moderator
1,076 Posts
For the bubbler:

The disk with the lights and bubbler goes into your tank onto the substrate.

The pump should be placed somewhere above the water line OR you buy a cheap check valve and put it in between bubbler and control valve (the one in your first image). It will prevent your tank water from being sucked out in case the pump doesn‘t work (e.g. power loss).

The control valve you got has a second outlet for another air-driven device like a sponge filter or bubbler. If you don‘t have any use for it, just turn it clockwise off.

For cleaning the tank:

From what I see it looks like residues of limescale.

I use diluted vinegar 1:1 with water for regular vinegar (5%) or if you have essence (25%) 1:4 vinegar to water.

However, if you don‘t know the "history of the tank", you better use household bleach 1:8 parts of water.

Rinse well, let dry for 24 hrs (preferably in sun light) and fill up with conditioned water. After a full water change you‘re good to go.

·
Registered
Pets: 5 dogs, 4 fish tanks, 2 frogs
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay thanks for the tip for the lymescale. It seems to be working. Butttt… for the first picture, I’m still very confused on how to work it… I don’t see any holes where water would go out… maybe I’m misunderstanding? I’m thinking maybe I should just go and buy a filter. But I would like to use this one. If somone has another way to explain it that would be awesome . Again, I do not understand along efilters

·
Super Moderator
1,076 Posts
This is not a filter - it‘s a bubbler.

You can, however, attach any sponge filter to one of the two outlets.

The clear tubes you have are airlines. They just deliver air pressure to anything attached.

So if you want to use it for filtration, get a sponge filter and attach it to the valve with a piece of airline tubing long enough to let the sponge filter sit in your tank. The rest is physics and will work on its own (I‘m happy to explain, though).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts