Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I meant like blood worms. o:

I was wondering, since I sometimes feed my betta bloodworms as treats, is it usually better to have live worms?

I've always wondered that and I want to try it out. Are they better than freeze-dried?

If so, where would I be able to get live worms, and what kind are the best?

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Live food is very nutrient-rich and the bettas love it, but I always shy away from it because sometimes fish can get parasites from live bloodworms! A lot of people feed frozen, which would be a lot easier to find (most chain pet stores and local fish stores have a refrigerator with frozen foods), and the freezing process would kill any potential parasites. Frozen foods are also a lot more nutritious than their freeze-dried counterparts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Live food is very nutrient-rich and the bettas love it, but I always shy away from it because sometimes fish can get parasites from live bloodworms! A lot of people feed frozen, which would be a lot easier to find (most chain pet stores and local fish stores have a refrigerator with frozen foods), and the freezing process would kill any potential parasites. Frozen foods are also a lot more nutritious than their freeze-dried counterparts.

O:

Thanks for letting me know about that! The worst is seeing my betta be infected and suffering with parasites. Thanks for letting me know. :3 I think I might try the frozen stuff instead of the live worms. I REALLY don't want to regret buying it if there's going to be a chance my baby's going to get parasites. :C

Thank you. :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
I feed live when i can get it..

Currently using Frozen bloodworms (thaw them out first) At the min i feed bloodworms Daily and have had no problems what so ever

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feed live when i can get it..

Currently using Frozen bloodworms (thaw them out first) At the min i feed bloodworms Daily and have had no problems what so ever
I thought feeding bettas bloodworms on a daily basis isn't such a good idea... Cause I heard it'll be too much protein intake and they could get Constipation. That happened to my girlie once, and I had to feed her some peas so she could flush it out of her system. o.o

1 - 5 of 5 Posts