Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't start doing your 50% water changes at 10 pm... Or you'll just finish at almost midnight! :p but all my betttas are flaring and swimming everywhere they love every Tuesday ;)

Registered
I did 50% water changes yesterday, it took me about 45mins for 6 tanks. My husband always sighs when I start this before we got to bed because he knows I won't be crawling into bed any time soon xD

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did 50% water changes yesterday, it took me about 45mins for 6 tanks. My husband always sighs when I start this before we got to bed because he knows I won't be crawling into bed any time soon xD
Well I think it takes me so long because I like to make sure the water I put in is basically like the same temperature and also I have a well and we soften our water so I can't use our hot water, only cold.. So I usually boil two pots of water then use cold water and equal out the water to the precise temperature. =P

Registered
oh my. =O I will note that. XD

Want another tip? Never put your tanks next to your TV in your bedroom or else you will never go to sleep. Watches them all night long.

Registered
hmm, it makes much more sence, but I would do it in a bucked with a thermometer. Too cold, to warm, good, treat...

Registered
protip, keep your fish tank relitivly close to a water source >.< I use a one gallon bucket to carry my water back and forth to the bathroom just down the hall from my bedroom. It's not a long trip but everything drags on needlessly when you have a gallon of water in you hands and no handle

Premium Member
Yep, I use a 3 gallon kitchen bucket from Wal-Mart but it's got a handle on it thankfully!

Yesterday I spent a good 2 hours on my 29 gallon tank but that was also with a 25% change and a total trim and replant! That still leaves me my 20 for today though >.< did the two 3's and 1 yesterday as well after the initial 2 hours lol.

Registered
hahaha I use a bucket and take it into my bathtub/shower combo thing because it's the only place in my apartment that has clean water coming out of it. treat it with prime. obviously make sure the temperature is the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts