Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
~Neo (♂ red vt betta) ~"girlie" (♀ sunburst platy) ~Otto (♂ oto catfish) ~Archibald ( ♂ mys. snail)
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! So I'll cut to the chase, I do still have the platy. I got back from my medical trip down state earlier today, and I did find a pet store that would take fish adoptions. However, I had to be honest about the outbreak of Ich in my tank, and they didn't want to take her and deal with the Ich. (Still no picture yet, it's been too cloudy and rainy to get any good pictures. But it's supposed to clear up this weekend so I should be able to get a decent picture of the Ich then.) I'm not sure if they'd change their mind if I handled the Ich, but at that point enough time would have gone by that I might as well go all the way and invest in a better setup for them.

But on the upside, I finally will be getting some extra money this week, so I'll be able to afford a better setup for them. It'll still be a few days, because for one I won't have the money until Friday. And two, there are one or two things that I'll need to order online. But it's definitely something to look forward to, especially since I was worried it might be another month before I'd have some extra cash. (Also with the extra money I'll be able to get myself an adjustable heater to deal with the Ich about five days sooner than I initially thought.) So hopefully by the beginning of next week at the latest they'll be in a more appropriate setting and stress free and happy! Yay!

In the meantime there isn't too much to update about. Things have been mostly continuing as normal. Although I have noticed my betta is a tiny bit less noticeably agitated by the platy, since his levels of bullying have lessoned quite a bit. Although that definitely could simply be because he's got Ich and just doesn't have it in him to put the energy into it like before. But aside from being a little slow (and really it's only marginally) and a bit of flashing and more frequent naps, his behavior and appetite are perfectly normal. As for the platy, well it's business as usual. She really hasn't changed much, although I think she's sensing that the betta isn't as up to par as he usually is, so when she's out and about she doesn't really take him too seriously. But she does give him plenty of time alone to nap in peace so that's good too.

Right now though I'm just REALLY looking forward to getting that new tank and divider and setting it up for them! They'll be so happy to have their own space, and I can't wait to see the platy really come into her own.

·
Registered
Neptune, Venus, Blush, Tinty, & Pinky.
1,404 Posts
Yay! Thanks for the update! Hope all goes well! 💕

Reactions: SammiDraco

·
Registered
~Neo (♂ red vt betta) ~"girlie" (♀ sunburst platy) ~Otto (♂ oto catfish) ~Archibald ( ♂ mys. snail)
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yay! Thanks for the update! Hope all goes well! 💕
Thank you! :giggle: And thank you as well for your interest, concern and support for my little fishy friends. 🤗

• Love
Reactions: FishandBirdLover
1 - 3 of 3 Posts